Friday, August 15, 2008

Women's 10m Platform Synchronised - Silver Medal

On the 12th of August, Melissa Wu and I competed in the Women’s 10m platform Synchro. There were 8 countries competing – Australia, Canada, China, DPR Korea, Germany, Great Britain, Mexico, USA. Melissa and I were the last pair to dive. Melissa and i had a great event, not really missing a dive and always having great synchro. We finished in second place behind the Chinese, who won with 363.54 points, we scored 335.16, and Mexico was in 3rd place with 330.06 points. I had a great time competing, it was fun not to mention nerve-wracking.




After the medal ceremony we had lots of media, then it was off to the press conference. Lastly I had to do a drug test. Once that was all done i was able to catch up with my dad Wayne and big sister Sian out the front of the Water Cube.